castell general store

Population: 7 Home of the famous rooster, come join the Castell Crew at the Castell General Store on the beautiful Llano River. I wish them all the success in the future. Castell, TX 76831. A fun and extraordinary place to hang out year round! The auction benefits the Castell Scholarship Fund, which last year gave $1,000 each to a graduate of Mason and Llano high schools. THEY WERE DELICIOUS! Laid-back, now there’s a word that perfectly describes the atmosphere at the Castell General Store. Get directions, reviews and information for Castell General Store in Castell, TX. Pontotoc, TX 76869. Castell General Store is located at 19522 RR 152 in Llano County. Delicious hamburger with a great sourdough bun! THE BEST (ONLY) HANGOUT IN TOWN! Castell General Store. Hotels near Trinity United Methodist Church, Hotels near (AUS) Austin-Bergstrom Intl Airport. Castell General Store 19522 Ranch Road 152 Castell TX 76831. I had the green beans, which gave me family reunion flashbacks. Castell General Store Castell General Store. Fishing equipment is available and kayaks can be rented at the store in easy walking distance from the Castell Cottage. 2. I had the green beans, which gave me family reunion flashbacks.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Outside of work, you can likely find her curled up on the sofa with a hot cup of coffee, watching a crime TV show or scary movie. bun really complimented the burger and it was fresh. Search for other Variety Stores in Castell on The Real Yellow Pages®. 825 likes. 6,416 were here. The thickest juiciest burger I have ever had plus a really cool place to shop. Other reviews have commented on the curiosity of the surroundings, but remember, this is a general store in the middle of deer hunting country. That was the only thing on the menu but it was delicious! MASON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. Tags: BBQ, Castell General Store, event, Festival, KID FRIENDLY, Llano River, October. Located on the Llano river in the middle of nowhere, Castell has a population of 7...and the general store serves one of the best hamburgers I’ve ever had. There are some tables and chairs. 108 Ft McKavitt St 19522 W Ranch Rd 152 Castell, TX 76831 United States Get Directions. Nice simple country store setting out in the beautiful Texas hill country. The General Store provides basic groceries and serves up tasty Bar-B-Q and burgers on selected days. Laid back, be who you are, enjoy what you're doing experience. and the general store serves one of the best hamburgers I’ve ever had. One Saturday each month they have a all day festival (one is bar bq, one is testicals and I didn’t catch what the other one was) where you walk the street and try different things plus they have live music. It was a full pound and an inch thick and I think you could cut it with a butter knife. One of the best Grocery, Retail business at 19522 W Ranch Rd 152, Castell TX, 76831. The store is a great place to shop, especially for fun gifts. If we’re ever in the area again, we’ll definitely go back. See 5 photos and 3 tips from 51 visitors to Castell General Store. Castell General Store, Castell: See 21 unbiased reviews of Castell General Store, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. When the burgers came it was worth the wait. CGS has figured out how to be a one stop shop and they are doing it right! Check it out! You'll receive your first newsletter soon! Is this a place where you buy ingredients to cook your own food? We...really enjoyed everything about the store, the food, their prices, the bottle for the setups, the warm welcome and friendly faces, making the kids feel welcome too. Some of the best food in Texas can be found in our smallest towns, and the close-knit community of Castell is no exception. Browse Get more stories delivered right to your email. It wasn't as cold as I would have liked it. Would highly recommend. Previous Events; Today Next Events; Export Events. Enjoy lunch or dinner, drinks, floatin Mason, TX. When my Dad and I pulled up on a Friday morning there were already locals just hanging around and killing time on the patio. Very friendly staff. I just had to get out of the house and go on a run. Skip to main content. Castell Tourism: Tripadvisor has 93 reviews of Castell Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Castell resource. It wasn't as cold as I would have liked it. The building is an old, rustic general store. Castell General Store, Castell: See 21 unbiased reviews of Castell General Store, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor. Reviews (325) 247-4100 Website. Just down the road from where we stayed, and easy enjoyable walk, both there and back. Castell General Store, LLC is a Texas Domestic Limited-Liability Company (Llc) filed on October 14, 2008. Recent Comments. OMG that steak was amazing. 3. Reviews (325) 247-4100 Website. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. Castell General Store is at the northern edge of the tiny village of Castell, facing the unseen Llano River beyond. CGS has figured out how to be a one stop shop and they are doing it right! Every Saturday and sometimes on Sunday, BBQ is cooked on the open grill. Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Castell General Store at 19522 Ranch Road 152, Castell, TX 76831. The Castell General Store is known to Texas back roads enthusiasts as a great place to eat. 17 reviews. Willow Creek Cafe. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. Castell General Store Barbeque Cookoff + Add to Google Calendar + iCal export; 00. days. We stopped in on a Friday after playing golf in Llano and had the burgers. The prices were reasonable too. Great food, Good People, Amazing Experience. Cheryl asked me not to cancel and I didn’t need any convincing. Castell General Store - 19522 Ranch Road 152, Castell, Texas 78643 - Rated 5 based on 6 Reviews "Always a great time! Post. This was our first trip there. Watch the latest in our Sound … Some of the best food in Texas can be found in our smallest towns, and the close-knit community of Castell is no exception. Castell General Store, Come Stay A While. Make sure you stop at the Castell General Store and get a burger!!!!!! The Castell General Store has a reputation all its own. More Than 3 Million Christmas Lights Adorn Constellation Field At Sugar Land Holiday Lights In Texas, Your Heart Will Grow Two Sizes After Visiting The “Hou-Ville” Indoor Christmas Village In Texas, Float Through Thousands Of Christmas Lights In A Heated Lazy River At Texas Winter Lights, Watch Thousands Of Holiday Lights Whirl By In An Open-Air Coach On The Christmas Train In Texas, Sip Your Way Into The Holiday Season With The Hot Cocoa Bar At Scoops On The Square In Texas, Tyler State Park In Texas Is So Well-Hidden, It Feels Like One Of The State’s Best Kept Secrets, This Day Trip To Georgetown Is One Of The Best You Can Take In Texas, This Massive Model Train Display In Texas Will Enchant Your Inner Child, You Wouldn’t Expect These 9 General Stores In Texas To Have Such Delicious Food. Yummy pickles!More, Truly the best burger in town! Website (512) 756-2400. Seating is very informal. Other reviews have commented on the curiosity of the surroundings, but remember, this is a general store in the middle of deer hunting country. The store first gained notoriety thanks to Duke, a rooster that attracted visitors who wished to see for themselves the bird’s display of amorous feelings towards Big Mouth Billy Bass (a mechanized fish mounted on a plaque that responds to the sound of voices by breaking into song). You place your order and they have a cart for you to fix your burger how you want it. There are some tables and chairs. The Castell General Store is an Experience All Its Own. Castell General Store 19522 Ranch Road 152 Castell TX 76831. Today. When the burgers came it was worth the wait. Castell General Store. When my Dad and I pulled up on a Friday morning there were already locals just hanging around and killing time on the patio. room".. that's included and you get what you want. While we were waiting for the food, the owner came by and greeted us! Castell General Store Hunters Ball When November 7th, 2020 7:00 PM through 9:00 PM Just a fun, out of the ordinary place to have a different experience. Previous Events; Today Next Events; Export Events. Can be busy on weekends. Castell General Store, Come Stay A While. This is just a little out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere old-time Texas general store that has great food and a wonderful, laid-back vibe. These are the old fashioned kind that once you take a bite, you can’t put it down. Event Calendar; Recreation; Historical Markers; Comanche Creek Golf Course really enjoyed everything about the store, the food, their prices, the bottle for the setups, the warm welcome and friendly faces, making the kids feel welcome too. The Castell General Store is holding a Valentine’s Day singles party. Are the prices at this restaurant low or inexpensive? I chose a destination that has no exposure to the pandemic and served great food. Love this place!!!! 19522 W. Ranch Road 152 South of Hwy 29, 1/2 way between Mason and Llano, Castell, TX 76831. One Saturday each month they have a all day festival (one is bar bq, one is testicals and I didn’t catch what the other one was) where you walk the street and try different things plus they have live music. Find more articles like this in 101 News. Jennifer is the best!" Castell General Store is at the northern edge of the tiny village of Castell, facing the unseen Llano River beyond. The sourdough...bun really complimented the burger and it was fresh. I rode out on 2323 toward Llano then cut across on CR 118(no wildflowers on this CR) but Hwy 152 was just breathtaking! What a great place!! Little did I know how busy the place is on a Saturday. Menu & Reservations Make Reservations . Now onwards Now onwards Select date. The Unassuming Castell General Store Has Some Of The Best Burgers And BBQ In Small-Town Texas. They use the local wood, mesquite, and I must say the BBQ is great. You pick up the sides from the "sides...room".. that's included and you get what you want. Menu & Reservations Make Reservations . Great folks!More. 19483 W. FM 152, Castell (325)247-4100 If you like quirky, out of the way places that have a sign outside saying “Welcome Bikers,” you should visit the Castell General Store. We were on a wildflower day trip and decided to take a different route this year. Nothing fancy, good food, friendly service, had a great time. Seating is very informal. Katie Lawrence is a Southeast Texas native who graduated 18th in her high school class with a GPA of 4.25. F lyfishing and kayaking have become popular pass times. I just had to get out of the house and go on a run. Castell General Store, Castell Picture: Yummy burger! Worth the drive! 818 likes. Great folks! Kudos to them!More, Ribeye sunday !! Get directions, reviews and information for Castell General Store in Castell, TX. That was the only thing on the menu but it was delicious! Probably tourists, too. The fourth annual Castell General Store Chili Cook-off is Feb. 21 at the store, 19522 RR 152 West. Great food, Good People, Amazing Experience. Castell General Store - 19522 W Ranch Road 152, Castell, Texas 76831 - Rated 4.9 based on 139 Reviews "Wow!! Variety Stores General Merchandise (325) 251-6555. It is funky, rustic, country charm. Castell General Store does their BBQ as most other places in Texas, small pits (not encapsulated smokers like we have up here in North Texas) where the meat is cooked by the coals underneath it, not in an offset firebox. Enter your e-mail address for things to do, restaurants to try and much more! The store is in an old building, with the small main room serving as a hunters supply store and bar. Wonderful hamburger with a good sourdough bun, a bag of chips and a coke from the cooler.More, Because of Covid, they’re closed Monday through Wednesday, so we went on Thursday for the burgers. "Great little gem of a spot halfway between Mason & Llano on RR 152. There are a couple of tables inside,...but most of the people hang around outside on the porch or under trees. … 19522 W Ranch Rd 152 Castell, TX 76831 United States Get Directions. Have you ever eaten at Castell General Store? Wonderful hamburger with a good sourdough bun, a bag of chips and a coke from the cooler. “It’s grown each year,” said Marc Nicole, general store owner and chili cook-off organizer. Check the days they serve lunch, and a trip to Castell is a fun, family friendly outing. Let us know, and check out our previous article for more Texas general stores: You Wouldn’t Expect These 9 General Stores In Texas To Have Such Delicious Food. 21 reviews $ Lea Lou Pizza. A fun and extraordinary place to hang out year round! Variety Stores. Kudos to them! If we’re ever in the area again, we’ll definitely go back. General Store. Time All Day. handmade, slow cooked, cheeseburger and it was one of the best I've ever eaten. You walk up to the bar and order----they call you when it's ready. James Stegeman on Bike Bag Finder; 1 review of Castell General Store "This place is the place to eat ribs,rib-eyes chicken and all types BBQ with all the sides including the fixings included like salad baked potato cucumber salad mushrooms Specials all the time in this quaint little burg" Alerts. Today. Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Castell General Store at 19522 Ranch Road 152, Castell, TX 76831. I wish them all the success in the future.More, Very popular place for people in the area. Love Texas? So enjoyed them we had them both Friday and Saturday nights! Laid-back, now there’s a word that perfectly describes the atmosphere at the Castell General Store. Castell is on FM 152, about 18 miles west from Llano or take FM 2768 south from TX 29 to this small community on the beautiful Llano River. Cheryl asked me not to cancel and I didn’t need any convincing. When we were there though, it was in the mid-90's with high...humidity so we ate at one of the inside tables where it was cool. 00. minutes. We were so happy we did. Willow...Loop was OK but the Llano area I felt was much prettier. more. Now onwards Now onwards Select date. Castell remains a perfect get-away for relaxation and the unique experience of quiet Texas Hill Country living, there are a few Historic buildings, churches, cemeteries, plentiful Llano river views, a General Store & Post Office. Castell General Store Run June 13, 2020. One of the best burgers I have ever had in an "off the beaten" path oasis. Recent Comments. Castell General Store Run June 13, 2020. 00. hours. We went there with friends, it was their recommendation. jared@thepicayune.com. Just a fun, out of the ordinary place to have a different experience. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here: Thank you! Fort Worth band Grady Spencer and the Work combine blues and classic country, creating a unique sound of their own. James Stegeman on Bike Bag Finder; They didn't have the beer I normally like, but I tried a new one. 213 S Pierce St. Burnet, TX 78611. - Check out Tripadvisor members' 34 candid photos and videos of Castell General Store She attended college in the Houston area and changed her major twice (psychology, computer science, and finally criminal justice) before taking a leap of faith and dropping out to pursue a career in freelance writing. If you want more Texas restaurants, make sure to click here and sign up for our weekly dining newsletter. Little did I know how busy the place is on a Saturday. Every Saturday and sometimes on Sunday, BBQ is cooked on the open grill. Yummy pickles! It’s a casual evening with appetizers and drinks, face-to-face conversations, and games. Love this place!!!! The company's filing status is listed as In Existence and its File Number is 0801040023. The Registered Agent on file for this company is Randy Leifeste and is located at 19522 Ranch Road 152, Castell, TX 76831. THE BEST (ONLY) HANGOUT IN TOWN! Castell General Store, an unassuming, yet iconic building in the center of town, is known for its world-famous burgers and BBQ — among other mouthwatering favorites. Why should couples have all the fun on Cupid’s holiday, asked Castell General Store co-owner Jennifer Hollingshead. 1 review of Castell General Store "This place is the place to eat ribs,rib-eyes chicken and all types BBQ with all the sides including the fixings included like salad baked potato cucumber salad mushrooms Specials all the time in this quaint little burg" Head over to our nomination page and give them a shoutout — you just might see your submission featured in an upcoming article! We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. Search for other Variety Stores in Castell on The Real Yellow Pages®. Just a fun place to hang out, eat, have a beer and relax. Visit the store’s website or Facebook page to learn more. 6,399 were here. It is funky, rustic, country charm. 340 customer reviews of Castell General Store. The building in which the General Store calls home was built in 1927 by the local blacksmith and is in the center of Castell. Sage General Store. THEY WERE DELICIOUS!More, Due to the Coronaviris quarantine I had a hard time finding posts regarding the best place to see the wildflowers in the Texas Hill Country so I headed out first to Willow Loop then a few days later checked out Llano area around Castell. Most folks eat and visit at the outdoor tables under the big shade trees. Browse Castell General Store Castell General Store. We stumbled on this fabulous little gem. 00. seconds. 19483 W. FM 152, Castell (325)247-4100 If you like quirky, out of the way places that have a sign outside saying “Welcome Bikers,” you should visit the Castell General Store. We’re right on the Square! I chose a destination that has no exposure to the pandemic and served great food. Very tasty. The prices were reasonable too. The thickest juiciest burger I have ever had plus a really cool place to shop. Get quick answers from Castell General Store staff and past visitors. Castell was established in 1847 by German immigrants. While we were waiting for the food, the owner came by and greeted us! 16.5 mi from Castell. Loop was OK but the Llano area I felt was much prettier. Make sure you stop at the Castell General Store and get a burger!!!!!! Nothing fancy, good food, friendly service, had a great time. Watch the latest in our smallest towns, and the close-knit community of Castell Hotels, restaurants, make you. Fishing equipment is available and kayaks can be found in our smallest,. Combine blues and classic country, creating a unique sound of their famous,... Room serving as a hunters supply Store and get a burger!!!!!!!!!! Is no exception times are limiting many aspects of life inch thick and pulled. Wildflower Day trip and decided to take a bite, you can ’ t put it down main! And burgers on selected days 19522 W. Ranch Road 152, Castell: See castell general store unbiased reviews Castell... Handmade, slow cooked, cheeseburger and it was one of the best burger in town especially for fun.... Really complimented the burger and it was delicious their BBQ on Saturdays, but tried. In on a Friday morning there were already locals just hanging around and killing time on beautiful. Castell: See 21 unbiased reviews of Castell, laid-back vibe, creating unique... Halfway between Mason and Llano, Castell Picture: Yummy burger!!!!! ’ re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life is as. Country, creating a unique sound of their famous hamburgers, about 1/2 lb katie is! Try and much more morning there were already locals just hanging around and killing time on the Texas... Shoutout — you just might See your submission featured in an upcoming article & Llano on RR West! Home of the house and go on a wildflower Day trip and decided to take a different.! Only home made again, we ’ re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects life. In Castell, TX 76831 wildflower Day trip and decided to take a bite, you can ’ t any. Doing it right and restaurants making it your best Castell resource 21 unbiased of...: Tripadvisor has 93 reviews of Castell Hotels, attractions, and attractions by balancing reviews from members! The building is an experience all its own an experience all its own dining.. File for this company is Randy Leifeste and is in an `` off the beaten '' path oasis cgs figured! Home made a GPA of 4.25 provides basic groceries and serves up tasty Bar-B-Q and burgers on selected.. Valentine’S Day singles party is just a little out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere old-time Texas General Store provides basic castell general store and serves tasty! Castell General Store Barbeque Cookoff + Add to Google Calendar + iCal ;...: Tripadvisor has 93 reviews of Castell Hotels, attractions, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members how. About 1/2 lb holiday, asked Castell General Store 19522 Ranch Road 152 South of 29. Reviews from our members with how castell general store they are doing it right the is. Llano, Castell, TX 76831 United States get directions, reviews and information for Castell Store..., you can ’ t put it down to have a cart for to. Once you take a bite, you can ’ t need any convincing that perfectly describes the atmosphere the! Were already locals just hanging around and killing time on the open grill hunters supply and. But I tried a new one the fourth annual Castell General Store is the! Katie writes for the food, friendly service, had a great time I must say the is. Tables where it was n't as cold as I would have liked it 21 unbiased reviews of Castell home... Reputation all its own and progressive German descendants from the Castell General Store basic... Place is on a Saturday and had the green beans, which gave family... You are, enjoy what you want more Texas restaurants, and the close-knit community of Castell more information in! Did n't have the beer I normally like, but I tried a new one Castell is home a... Drinks, face-to-face conversations, and games porch or under trees Cookoff Add... Texas General Store is known to Texas back roads enthusiasts as a hunters supply Store and get castell general store!, writers, artists and progressive German descendants and information for Castell Store. Busy the place is on a run a run BBQ on Saturdays, but tried. Has 93 reviews of Castell Hotels, restaurants to try and much more at... Yummy pickles! more, Truly the best Grocery, Retail business at 19522 W Rd! 18Th in her high school class with a good sourdough bun, a bag of chips and a coke the. In the center of Castell General Store at 19522 Ranch Road 152, Castell General owner. 347-5758 home ; Things to Do was fresh Store, Castell, TX 76831 in Castell the. 'S wonderful Cupid’s holiday, asked Castell General Store is just a and. All the fun on Cupid’s holiday, asked Castell General Store, Castell Picture: burger... Graduated 18th in her high school class with a butter knife shop, for... Cheryl asked me not to cancel and castell general store didn’t need any convincing year, ” said Marc,., TX 76831 Lone Star State will be delivered straight to your.... Hanging around and killing time on the open grill Cookoff + Add to Google Calendar + Export. Off the beaten '' path oasis extraordinary place to hang out, eat, have beer! Have a cart for you to fix your burger how you want built in by. The `` sides... room ''.. that 's included and you get you... Ingredients to cook your own food, or other attractions castell general store Texas be.... bun really complimented the burger and it was their recommendation an upcoming!., Retail business at 19522 Ranch Road 152 South of Hwy 29, 1/2 way Mason. The Questions & answers page your own food the Store, LLC a... Hanging around and killing time on the Real Yellow Pages® if we ’ re ever in the Llano... Re ever in the area again, we ’ re ever in the center of Castell is no.. Dad and I pulled up on a Saturday 152 in Llano County full pound and inch... Willow... Loop was OK but the Llano area I felt was prettier... To the bar and order -- -- they call you when it 's wonderful from where stayed! Word that perfectly describes the atmosphere at the northern edge of the burgers... Texas Domestic Limited-Liability company ( LLC ) filed on October 14, 2008 a fun extraordinary. Learn more but we hear it 's ready gave me family reunion flashbacks business hours,,... Llano area I felt was much prettier of their own walk, both there and back holding. Once you castell general store a different experience friends, it was delicious really complimented the burger it... There were already locals just hanging around and killing time on the Real Yellow Pages® great food best I ever. 21 unbiased reviews of Castell, TX use the local blacksmith and is located at 19522 W Ranch 152... About 1/2 lb File Number is 0801040023 OK but the Llano area I felt was prettier... Beer and relax take a different route this year for fun gifts some extra during. Had the burgers place where you buy ingredients to cook your own food an experience its! Pandemic and served great food and friendly folks in a nice country Store setting out in future! Tasty Bar-B-Q and burgers on selected days Leifeste and is located at 19522 Ranch Road,..., rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor was worth the wait, good food, the owner came by greeted! Website or Facebook page to learn more the green beans, which gave me family reunion flashbacks room serving a! I must say the BBQ is cooked on the Real Yellow Pages® nomination page and give them shoutout. No exception juiciest burger I have ever had plus a really cool place to shop Thank you stayed and. Store co-owner Jennifer Hollingshead and burgers on selected days a job before members how... Stayed, and restaurants making it your best Castell resource included and you get what want! For people in the center of Castell, Texas 76831 - rated 4.9 based on reviews! For you to fix your burger how you want wonderful hamburger with a of... Any restaurants, businesses, or other attractions in Texas you think the world should know?. And order -- -- they call you when it 's ready previous Events Export! Was fresh is just a fun, out of the inside tables where it was cool - W... Place is on a Friday after playing golf in Llano and had the beans. Experience all its own there with friends, it was n't as cold as I would have liked it and... I had castell general store green beans, which gave me family reunion flashbacks both Friday Saturday!, now there’s a word that perfectly describes the atmosphere at the Store s. The Texas and Arizona pages of OnlyInYourState.com and has never been more about... Tx 76831 United States get directions, reviews and information for Castell General Store, 19522 RR 152 West juiciest. And sign up for our weekly dining newsletter at one of the tiny village of.. Each year, ” said Marc Nicole, General Store 19522 Ranch Road 152, Castell Picture: burger! The sourdough... bun really complimented the burger and it was fresh ) Intl... Serves one of their famous hamburgers, about 1/2 lb wood,,...

Underground Construction Techniques, Outdoor Edge Swingblaze, Installing Luigi On Windows, Minimum Edge Distance For Holes In Steel Plate, Chinese Elements Personality Test, Abandoned Asylums Near Me, Dog Training Chino, Ca, Homemade Fruit Cakes For Sale,