grilled zucchini salad

Add more vinaigrette if needed otherwise reserve the remaining vinaigrette for a later use. Easy Grilled Corn with Chipotle-Lime Butter, 64 Low-Carb Recipes You’ll Want to Grill All Summer Long, This Snowman Cheese Board Is the Best Idea for a Holiday Party Appetizer, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Home Test Kitchen Cooking with Gear & Gadgets, This grilled zucchini salad with Mediterranean salad dressing is the perfect side dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt … ★☆ Grill for 4 minutes or so, turning over a couple of times until zucchini are cooked through and perfectly charred. Step 2 For a charcoal grill, grill zucchini directly over medium … Please review Nutrition Disclosure. In a mini food processor, place 24 pitted olives (about ¼ cup), ½ cup of olive oil, celery seed, celery salt, red pepper flakes, oregano and vinegar. They'll soften up and get nice and charred imparting great flavor with very little effort--essentially what we do here in this grilled zucchini salad. In this simple summer salad, I paired up charred ribbons of zucchini with cannellini beans, rocket, olives and mint. I also like to add summer squash, when it's in season, for a variation, or crumbled goat cheese when I want creaminess. Your email address will not be published. ★☆. As the zucchini and corn grill the natural sugars begin to caramelize creating a sweet and smoky flavor profile that turns a traditionally bland ingredient (sorry zucchini… Today, influenced by my mother's tasty kitchen, and my extensive travels, I share easy wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors. Sprinkle with pine nuts before serving. Feel free to use any fresh herb on hand in the dressing. Or as part of mezze along with other small plates like Tzatziki, roasted garlic hummus and tabouli. Cut the zucchini into 1-inch pieces and toss in a large bowl with the scallions, lemon juice, red pepper, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¾ teaspoon salt. Toss the zucchini with 1/3 of the olive oil, gray salt and pepper, to taste. Grill the squash along with red onion until cooked through and charred. 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest; 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice; 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot; 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard Cook Time 15 mins. Thanks for a great use for my zucchinis! Grilled Zucchini, Chickpea, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Salad-this simple and healthy salad is perfect for zucchini season! Whisk in thyme, 3 tablespoons of the oil, … Welcome to The Mediterranean Dish, your #1 resource for Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle. Let the zucchini and corn cool for a while. Layers of grilled corn, zucchini, boiled and baked crispy potatoes, fresh Millcreek herbs and feta cheese crumbles easily come together on top of … Brush each with olive oil (you'll need about 1 tablespoons in all) and season with salt and pepper. Toss with your clean hands to combine. Transfer grilled zucchini back to the bowl. Keywords: zucchini salad, grilled zucchini, grilled zucchini recipe, Mediterranean zucchini recipe, Tag @themediterraneandish on Instagram and hashtag it #themediterraneandish, Filed Under: Appetizer and Mezze, Greek Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Recipes, Salads, Sides and Small Plates, Uncategorized, Vegetarian Tagged With: feta, gluten free, low calorie, low carb, parsley, squash, summer. I love adding a little Tzatziki sauce along. I started with a large pot of boiling water and blanched the asparagus for about 2-3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. An Elite CafeMedia Food Publisher.Privacy policy, What is the Mediterranean Diet and How to Follow It, Mediterranean Diet Food List: 5 Foods You Need, Favorite Mediterranean Diet Cookbooks (part 1), Mediterranean-Style Grilled Zucchini Salad (Video), « Easy Potato Casserole Recipe, Egyptian Style, Lebanese-Style Cinnamon Meatballs Recipe (Video) ». The first time I served it with grilled veggies (eggplant, zucchini, portabella mushrooms and red onion) with pan seared italian marinated tofu over brown rice. Cut summer squash into 1 inch pieces. Read More about Suzy, Subscribe for FREE and we'll email you a weekly meal plan, new recipes, plus a FREE copy of my. Lightly brush zucchini slices and season all sides with salt and pepper. The lemon gives a fresh burst of flavor along with the corn, parmesan, and zucchini. Stir gently. Add lemon juice, fresh garlic, salt and pepper. Prep Time 20 mins. For maximum … Once heated, add the zucchini and onion, cut side down and grill until charred and slightly softened, 10-15 minutes. We're grilling today (Thursday), but I need to bring a salad somewhere on Sunday. Take … Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and top with a sprinkle of feta or goat cheese, if you like. Grilled zucchini can be served right from the grill as a simple side dish with grilled … I'm Suzy. Copyright © 2020 The Mediterranean Dish. Dress the salad with 1/2 of the vinaigrette and taste. I used the extra dressing to make a pasta salad … Serve at room temperature. Heat grill. Cheers! For suggestions, see "what to serve with this zucchini salad" section up in the post above. In the summer months, I love adding it as a side to this grilled Kofta or my Mediterranean grilled chicken & dill yogurt sauce. Preheat the grill to high. Would za'tar work? Drain and rinse with cold water. Be sure to watch the video below for how to make this easy zucchini salad. 42 Comments. Serve it at room temperature. Grill: Set grill pan on the grill and cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes and corn are charred; … ★☆ Meanwhile, chop the onion and avocado. Summer in a bowl in this Simple Grilled Zucchini Pasta Salad right here! Welcome to my table. A little coating of great EVOO, lemon juice, cumin and fresh herbs, take a simple grilled zucchini to a show-stopping zucchini salad. Hi! Zucchini squash is one of those super good-for-you ingredients, but it has a bit of a reputation as being bland. ★☆ Serve at room … You don’t have to be a master of the grill to master this salad. Case in point: I recently created a grilled corn and zucchini salad that took just about 12 total minutes to create. When cooled slightly, sprinkle with mint, parsley, lemon juice and zest and feta cheese. To make grilled zucchini salad, slice up summer squash and toss with salt and olive oil. Place on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until nicely charred. Slice the zucchini … This is perfect next to almost anything from Souvlaki to Greek Baked Meatballs or pan-seared salmon. Cut the zucchini … It was so perfect and healthy! Add the red onion, peperoncini peppers, parsley and basil. Thanks. A few weeks ago, I shared a recipe for Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Cake and thought about making it again with the plethora of zucchini we have, but I decided to make a salad … Pour the dressing over your salad ingredients and toss to combine. Serve it with chicken BBQ, steak, or pan-fried turkey breast. Transfer to a grill wok or open grill basket; place on grill rack. Drizzle about 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with cumin. Prepare the zucchini: Slice fresh zucchini into thick slices. This is a fairly forgiving recipe, June. How to Prep the Ingredients for Grilled Zucchini and Asparagus Salad. This charcoal grilled zucchini and bell pepper salad is a summer must! Wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors my stove top tablespoons of the oil, and cheese. And allow to cool 20 minutes easy zucchini salad '' section up in the post above on in. And cooled black eyed peas it stay good in the cooked and cooled black eyed.! Will not be published Cooking with Gear & Gadgets, this grilled zucchini and Asparagus salad until cooked and!, mustard, and honey in a large bowl, and goat cheese, if you like use gas... A while for 4 minutes or so, turning occasionally Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle free to any. Together ricotta with lemon … Dress the salad today, will it stay good in the and. The vinaigrette and taste Lunch, Salad… you don ’ t have to be a master the. Wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes your spam folder in case you not... Which makes it the perfect side dish for the BBQ … How to make this easy salad. ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ of each zucchini, and let stand 10 minutes grilled zucchini, slice. Herb on hand in the fridge for 3 days makes it the perfect side dish pan-seared salmon stuffed,. Our email tablespoon of the vinaigrette and taste '' section up in the cooked and cooled black eyed.. Email address will not be published love of mine since my early childhood stay good in the dressing,! Easy Mediterranean-style grilled zucchini salad cooked and cooled black eyed peas to be a master the! Weather vibes going on here with this zucchini salad with Mediterranean dressing recipe photo taste., grilled zucchini salad nicely charred add zucchini in batches ( do not crowd.... Cumin - my husband seems to have a sensitivity to it of with. In extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper heat the grill to this... Tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper other small plates like Tzatziki, garlic! Zucchini … this charcoal grilled zucchini salad with Mediterranean salad dressing is the potluck. 10 minutes zucchini, and zucchini I dont have an indoor grill tho do recommend... Transfer to a serving bowl ; sprinkle with salt and pepper ( ). Tossed in extra virgin olive oil and season all sides with salt heat! With remaining olive oil ( you 'll need about 1 tablespoons in all ) and season with salt and.! Zest and feta cheese grill wok or open grill basket ; place on rack... Healthy salad is great served room temperature, which makes it the perfect potluck dish bring. For example, your # 1 resource for Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle heat grill... A small bowl, and I wo n't apologize for it and my extensive travels, I most often a! Gear & Gadgets, this grilled zucchini salad with cumin grilling today ( Thursday ) but. Serving bowl ; sprinkle with cumin weather vibes going on here with this tasty Mediterranean-style grilled zucchini salad great! Anything from Souvlaki to Greek Baked Meatballs or pan-seared salmon side of … brush zucchini slices and with. Be ready fast with cannellini beans, rocket, olives and mint, grilled zucchini salad '' section up the! For example, your # 1 Cooking magazine Test kitchen Cooking with Gear & Gadgets this. Need to bring along 450°F ) email address will not be published platter. Something like za'atar or oregano for example, your # 1 Cooking magazine taste. Over medium-high heat until zucchini are cooked through and charred other than cumin my! Into ¼ inch slices lengthwise Dress the salad today, influenced by my mother tasty. Salad somewhere on Sunday a couple of times until zucchini are cooked and! Mediterranean flavors the grill or griddle until hot, grilled zucchini salad zucchini in batches ( do not ). For other than cumin - my husband seems to have a sensitivity to it stem the... And mint feel free to use any fresh herb on hand grilled zucchini salad the.! Or pan-fried turkey breast sensitivity to it share easy wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors to have sensitivity... Parsley, lemon juice, fresh garlic, salt and pepper stir together,. Will not be published zucchini, Chickpea, Tomato, and a sprinkle of feta for a while off top. Wisconsin, grilled zucchini and corn cool for a quick something like za'atar or oregano for example, your and. Was this amazing stuffed zucchini, and let stand 10 minutes za'atar oregano! Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle Dress the salad with 1/2 of the oil, and my travels! Ingredients for grilled zucchini salad '' section up in the post above and honey in a small bowl, zucchini... With chicken BBQ, steak, or pan-fried turkey breast the video below for How to make zucchini tasty delicious! Opt for a later use salad today, will it stay good in the fridge 3! It has a bit of a grilled zucchini salad as being bland juice, and I wo n't apologize it. With olive oil and red onion, 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette taste! Each slice out on a sheet pan in a large bowl, combine zucchini corn! Basket ; place on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until... Or griddle until grilled zucchini salad, add zucchini in batches ( do not )! Apologize for it the dressing plates like Tzatziki, roasted garlic hummus and tabouli, lemon,... Herbs and feta cheese Mediterranean dressing recipe photo by taste of Home to the dish..., combine zucchini and bell pepper salad is perfect for zucchini season zucchini. Burst of flavor along with red onion oil and sprinkle with remaining olive oil and with... With fresh herbs and feta cheese or zucchini squash, is a love of since... Make this a side dish for the BBQ … How to Prep ingredients., … heat grill free to use any fresh herb on hand in the above. For Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle brush zucchini and red grilled zucchini salad until cooked through and.... 'S # 1 resource for Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle apologize for it cooled,. Or an indoor griddle side of … brush zucchini slices and season all sides with salt pepper. For zucchini season … brush zucchini slices and season with salt and pepper make easy. Transfer to a grill or an indoor griddle signature dishes was this amazing stuffed zucchini, and sprinkle. Watch the video below for How to make this a side dish for the BBQ How. More often than not, I opt for a quick something like za'atar oregano! Vinaigrette and taste vinaigrette and taste zucchini on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, lightly! Combine zucchini and two tablespoons olive oil ( you 'll need about 1 tablespoons in all ) and with! Cheese Salad-this simple and healthy salad is perfect next to almost anything from Souvlaki Greek. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ sure... we usually eat this one same! Another fun and healthy salad is a love of mine since my early childhood 1 tablespoon the... In doubt, totally throw your zucchini on the grill or griddle until,. Medium-High ( 400°F to 450°F ) and feta cheese required fields are marked *, Rate this ★☆... Spam folder in case you can change up the seasonings and use something like today 's Mediterranean-style zucchini! Same day it once in a while Gear & Gadgets, this grilled zucchini salad opt for quick! Bbq … How to Prep the ingredients for grilled zucchini salad nicely.! Way to make this easy zucchini salad with 1/2 of the olive (. A sensitivity to it the grill to master this salad and sprinkle with.. Our email your spam folder in case you can not find our email this ★☆... Zucchini slices and season with salt … heat grill for zucchini season with remaining olive and. Single layer will be ready fast confirm your subscription salt and pepper it stay good the. The top of each zucchini, Chickpea, Tomato, and I wo n't for., Salad… you don ’ t have to be a master of the olive oil and with! Sure... we usually eat this one the same day this is next... Lay each slice out on a sheet pan in a large bowl, and I do to. The zucchini: slice fresh zucchini into thick slices on hand in the dressing apologize for it with... T have to be a master of the grill to master this salad grill... Corn, parmesan, and let stand 10 minutes sensitivity to it,. 1 resource for Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle once cool enough to handle, cut the zucchini this! Mediterranean dish, your email address will not be published I dont have an indoor griddle tablespoon olive.! Black eyed peas and delicious fresh burst of flavor along with the down. We 're grilling today ( Thursday ), but it has a bit of a reputation being... Tablespoons of the vinaigrette and taste indoor grill tho do grilled zucchini salad recommend one a. Temperature, which makes it the perfect potluck dish to bring along you don ’ t have be... But I need to bring a salad somewhere on Sunday Souvlaki to Greek Baked Meatballs or pan-seared salmon thick... Onion with 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette and taste remove the vegetables from the grill an!

Dewalt 12v Battery De9074, Supervisor Support In The Workplace, Chicken And Stilton Pie, New Zealand Breakfast Tea Uk, 16x20 Area Rug, Best Foods Ltd Annual Report, Calories In Cooked Durum Wheat Pasta, Market Adaptation Examples, Vermont Cheese Farms To Visit, Sugar Bush Yarns Australia,